Last Updated: 25th June 2021
Definitions and Interpretation
- Collectively all information that you submit to TheCompleteMedic via the Site. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Laws.
- A small text file placed on your computer by the Site when you visit certain parts of the Site and/or when you use certain features of the Site. Details of the cookies used by the Site are set out in the clause below (Cookies).
- Data Protection Laws
- Any applicable law relating to the processing of personal Data, including but not limited to the Directive 96/46/EC (Data Protection Directive) or the GDPR, and any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation, for as long as the GDPR is effective in the UK.
- The General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679.
- UK and EU Cookie Law
- The Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011.
- User or You
- Any third-party that accesses the Site and is not either (i) employed by TheCompleteMedic and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to TheCompleteMedic and accessing the Site in connection with the provision of such services.
- The website that you are currently using, www.thecompletemedic.com, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
Collection of Information – Data Classes
The information we collect falls into four data classes.
- Information You Provide to Us
- Information Collected from Third-Parties
- Information Collected from Social Media
- Information Related to Your Use of Our Site
1. Information You Provide to Us. While not a complete list, this includes information you provide to us in any of the following ways:
- When you choose to fill out a form on our Site
- When you search for a product/service
- When you complete a survey or provide us with feedback
- When you subscribe to a service or certain offerings (i.e. newsletter, updates, etc.)
- When you communicate with us by phone, email, mail, or otherwise
- When you report a problem
- When you register with us and set up an account
- When you use our services
The personally identifiable information we may collect includes your name, email address, address, phone number, other contact information, birthdate, profession, job title and demographic information.
When you provide this information directly to us by the methods described above, we use it for the purpose of communicating with you, providing customer service, verifying your information, providing advertising or marketing services, for auditing related to interactions with consumers (including ad impressions, troubleshooting, debugging, analysing, auditing, and verifying the integrity of our systems), and to comply with legal obligations. On occasion we also use the data collected in this class to provide information about products and services offered by TheCompleteMedic or our business partners.
2. Information Collected from Third Parties. We receive some information about you from trusted advertising partners, which includes your name, address, email address, and telephone number, and professional or employment-related information such as your company and industry.
We receive this data, on occasion, for the purpose of providing information to you about products and services offered by TheCompleteMedic and our business partners, as well as for marketing and analytics purposes, auditing related to interactions with consumers (including ad impressions), and for troubleshooting, debugging, analysing, auditing, verifying the integrity of TheCompleteMedic systems, and to comply with legal obligations.
3. Information Collected from Social Media. When you “like” or “follow” us on social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn, we may collect some information from you including your name, e-mail address, and any comments or content you post relevant to us including photos or videos. We may also collect your information if you sign up for one of our promotions or submit information to use through social media sites.
We collect and use this data for the purpose of communicating with you, providing customer service, verifying your information, providing advertising or marketing services, troubleshooting, debugging, analysing, auditing, and verifying the integrity of TheCompleteMedic systems, and to comply with legal obligations. On occasion we also use the data collected in this class to provide information to you about products and services offered by TheCompleteMedic or our business partners.
4. Information Related to Your Use of Our Site. We may automatically collect certain information about the computer or devices you use to access our Site. This includes: (i) IP addresses, geolocation information, and other information about your computer or device(s), browser types, operating system the state or country from which you accessed the Site, language; (ii) information related to the ways in which you interact with the Site, such as the number of clicks, domain names, pages and content viewed and other similar information. We use third-party analytic providers and technologies, including cookies, as described below, and other similar tools, to assist in collecting this information.
We collect and use this data for auditing related to interactions with consumers (including ad impressions), for marketing and analytics purposes, for troubleshooting, debugging, analysing, auditing, and verifying the integrity of TheCompleteMedic systems, and to comply with legal obligations.
Note that some of our advertisers may place cookies on your computer. We do not have control over cookies placed by our advertisers. Advertisers/vendors may collect information identified above and are subject to their own privacy policies, not ours. These policies may be found on their websites. We disclaim any and all liability in connection with such advertisers/ vendors and their collection and use of information.
Before the Site places Cookies on your computer, you will be presented with a message requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies, you are enabling TheCompleteMedic to provide a better experience and service to you.
For more information generally on cookies, including how to disable them, please refer to aboutcookies.org. You will also find details on how to delete cookies from your computer.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may share your Data with the following groups of people for the following reasons:
- Our employees, agents and/or professional advisors – to enable us to provide an optimal service to you. Information is shared anonymously unless it is for the purposes of recruitment where you have explicitly applied for a role;
- Third-party service providers who provide services to us which require the processing of personal data – to help third-party service providers in receipt of any shared data to perform functions on our behalf to help ensure the Site runs smoothly;
- Third-party payment providers who process payments made over the Site – to help third-party service providers in receipt of any shared data to perform functions on our behalf to help ensure the Site runs smoothly;
We reserve the right to make further disclosures in the future, under the following circumstances:
- When you give your consent;
- To our service providers who perform services on our behalf or for other legitimate business purpose;
- To business partners with whom we have a business relationship with who may provide promotions, discounts or other offerings to you;
- To protect our rights, comply with laws and regulations;
- Where we believe in good faith that access to information is necessary to protect us or others;
- As a part of business mergers or acquisitions;
- When you share your information publicly on public forums such as blogs and community forums where your information may be read, collected and used by others;
In the event that we make the decision to begin disclosing this information we will notify you by updating this policy, and prior to any significant disclosure we may provide notice to you by placing a notice in a prominent or relevant location within our Site, and in some cases via email directly to you.
Transfers outside the European Economic Area
Data which we collect from you may be stored and processed in and transferred to countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). For example, this could occur if our servers are located in a country outside the EEA or one of our service providers is situated in a country outside the EEA. We also share information with our group companies, some of which are located outside the EEA.
We will only transfer Data outside the EEA where it is compliant with data protection legislation and the means of transfer provides adequate safeguards in relation to your data, eg by way of data transfer agreement, incorporating the current standard contractual clauses adopted by the European Commission, or by signing up to the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework, in the event that the organisation in receipt of the Data is based in the United States of America.
What “Your Rights” Are
You have the following rights in relation to your Data:
- Right to access – the right to request: (i) copies of the information we hold about you at any time; (ii) that we modify, update or delete such information. If we provide you with access to the information we hold about you, we will not charge you for this, unless your request is “manifestly unfounded or excessive.” Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request. If we refuse your request, we will tell you the reasons why;
- Right to correct – the right to have your Data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- Right to erase – the right to request that we delete or remove your Data from our systems;
- Right to restrict our use of your Data – the right to “block” us from using your Data or limit the way in which we can use it;
- Right to data portability – the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your Data;
- Right to object – the right to object to our use of your Data including where we use it for our legitimate interests;
To make enquiries, exercise any of your rights set out above, or withdraw your consent to the processing of your Data (where consent is our legal basis for processing your Data), please contact us via this e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org. When we receive such a request, we will seek to comply as soon as reasonably practicable (but in no event more than 30 working days).
Retention of Your Information
No data transmission over the Internet is entirely secure and no system of physical or electronic security is impenetrable. While we take steps to prevent unauthorised access to your personal data, we cannot absolutely guarantee the security of the information you send or the security of our servers and databases. By using our services you agree to assume all risk in connection with the information sent to us or collected by us when you use our services. In the unlikely event that we believe the security of your information may have been compromised, we may seek to notify you.
If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
Information From Children
The content and services provided by us or our affiliates, sponsors and advertisers, including without limitation the Site, are not intended for use by children, especially those under the age 13. No part of the Site is designed to attract anyone under the age of 13. Children are not eligible to use any services provided by us and we ask that children under the age of 13 not submit any personal information to us or visit the Site. Minors between 13 – 17 years of age must get permission of their parent(s) or legal guardian(s) before using our content and services. If we discover that we have received any personal information from a child under the age of 13, we will take reasonable steps to delete that information as quickly as possible.
Links to Other Websites
Changes of business ownership and control